If your dog has swallowed a rock, it is important to seek veterinary attention as soon as possible. Even if your dog is not showing any signs of distress, the rock could be causing damage to their digestive system or becoming stuck, which could be life-threatening.
In the meantime, here are a few things you can do:
- Remove any other objects that your dog might be able to swallow.
- Keep an eye on your dog and look for any signs of distress, such as vomiting, difficulty breathing, or lethargy.
- Try to keep your dog calm and quiet. Do not let them run or play, as this could cause the rock to become stuck.
- If your dog is vomiting, try to prevent them from swallowing the vomit, as this could cause the rock to become stuck in their throat.
- If your dog is showing signs of distress, such as difficulty breathing or lethargy, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center immediately.
Again, it is important to seek veterinary attention as soon as possible if you suspect that your dog has swallowed a rock. The vet will be able to determine the best course of treatment and provide your dog with the care they need.